Using E-merge to merge edat files into a single file
How to merge all your subject output files (edat or edat2 files) into one big file in E-prime.
- Have handy to-be-merged edat files.
- Open the E-merge program (In Program Files/E-Prime/E-merge). Use the ‘tree’ on the left to find the folder containing the to-be-merged data files. Navigate the tree by clicking the “plus sign” icons. Select the folder containing the files.
- While holding down the ctrl key, click each of the data files that appear in the main window of E-merge. Then click the yellow merge key.
- After choosing a name for the merged .emrg data file, close the e-merge program.
- Find the .emrg file and double-click it to open it in EdataAid.
- Filter the rows so you have only those with relevant data
- If you appear to be missing rows of data, use the page up/down keys instead of the scrollbar to see if the data continue further down than the scrollbars show (bug!)
- Use tools/arrange columns to focus on only those columns that you want to export.
- Choose File, Export as excel, then use excel to open. Or simply copy from the edat window (although the latter method has been known to make E-prime crash).